Thursday, February 18, 2016

I saw you that day...

I want to say thank you to the person that got in the way and helped me end my marriage.  You made it easier for me walk away from one of my biggest, darkest secrets.  I was in an unhappy, unhealthy marriage and would have stayed there forever.  I saw you staring at me when we decided to end it.  I saw you.

Thank you for being prettier than me.  I see it now and I hope to be like you some day real soon.  You are so shiny and new.  You embrace your flaws, not hide them.  You sparkle in ways I haven't in years.  Your smile can light up the room and my smile would disappear when I got home.

Thank you for being more confident than me.  You have a grace and a presence that tells people who you are the moment you meet them.  I would cower and hide.

Thank you for being fearless and not caring who gets in your way including me or my daughter. Your selfish actions paved the way for me to start the life I've been too afraid to fight for myself.  I deserve to be happy and I realize that now because of you.

You have inspired me to become a better mother, friend and hopefully someone's wife.  My daughter deserves to see a mom that is un-apologetically her true self every day.  I will be from now on because of you.

Because of you I promise to

  • Dare to try new things
  • Inspire others with my bravery
  • Vocalize what I'm feeling 
  • Open my heart to real love
  • Rejoice daily
  • Create a new life for myself and daughter
  • Erase the past and start anew
When he told me it was over, I didn't fight to stay or even cry.  I just walked out of the room because I knew there were no words left to say that would salvage it.  He was done.  He was tired of being unhappy just as much as I was but just had the balls to say it to my face.  

But I want you to know that I saw you that day.  I saw you looking at me even though you didn't speak.  Your eyes were saying it all, daring me to walk away.  I saw you when I looked in the mirror and decided to set you free.  Thanks to you, I was done too.  Thank you for coming to my aid when I needed you.  Thanks to you, I will be just like you soon enough.  I know who you are, you are me.    

3 comments:

  1. Andrea, I'm so happy that you have found tbis avenue to help you get on with your life and be the person, woman, mother, friend you were meant to be. It takes a lot of courage and energy to start over, but you have had a strong and loving Mom who taught you how to be strong, and ultimately happy. And because you know that God has your back, I know you are going to be okay, and better than okay, you are going to be great! As my husband says, God doesn't just want us to succeed, He wants us to SOAR!!! And I believe that is what you are going to show yourself you can do, you can SOAR!! God bless you and may His peace surround you. Love, Anita (I'm using my daughter, Maria's computer)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. You write beautifully!! Anita (Maria's Mom)

    ReplyDelete