Thursday, May 12, 2016

Not sure if the world is ready, but I am. Plus Beyonce is always the answer

Holy crap.  I'm really doing okay.  It's scaring me.  I'm less than one week from "D Day" aka Divorce Day.  I thought for sure I'd be in the fetal position singing freaking "Kumbaya" holding my wedding album.  But....I'm not.  I'm sitting with my head held high, hopeful for the future with a new attitude.  I think I am going to make it.  There will be no casualties due to this war.  War is over.

But that doesn't mean I'm ready to be his friend.  I have my limits.  In fact, I haven't talked to him about anything other than our daughter and I've been at peace with it.  I don't think I've talked to him in 2 or 3 days.  I'm adjusting to the loss of my friend just fine.  Today I went like a whole 6 hours without thinking about the divorce and I actually said "my ex-husband" sans tears.  Yes, I said sans.   I'm fancy that way.  

So what is next for me?  This summer I'll be going through a lot.  I'm having a hysterectomy in June.  I'll be out of work for 6 weeks and hanging out with my sweet daughter.  I plan on having the best summer and life.  No more waiting for life to happen.  I'm going to make it happen for myself.  I'm going to paint the town red.  Live to the fullest and date.   Can I let you in on a little secret?  I can't wait to date!!!  I'm going to get gussied up and make out with boys like the good ole days.  Maybe not boys but you know what I mean.  But yes,that was plural.  Ha.  I'm not going to be Samantha from Sex and the City but I'm not going to be Charlotte either.  Plus my divorce attorney is gay.  Womp womp.  I was joking with my friend the other day that I was going to leave the court house JUST like this...



Watch out world.  Andrea 2.0 is coming out.  Sans actually coming out. 


3 comments: