Tuesday, February 14, 2017

In a better place....

I've been doing a lot of reflecting in the last few days.  One year ago today I was completely oblivious to the events that would be occurring in the week.  My life as I knew it was about to be blown into smithereens.  I was about to go from wife to single mother, captive in my man-made mess to free, miserable to unmistakably happy.  God is so good and so faithful.

The last year I was all over the place emotionally.  Last February I was a shell of myself.  Dead inside.  I had nothing left to give to myself because I had spent the last 14 years of my life giving and giving and never receiving.  I was tapped out.  Dry.  Today my life is so full it's juicy.  My cup runneth over.

I could seriously cry, I am so grateful.  Every time I think of where I've been and where I can go now, I quietly whisper a thank you to my wasband.  Thank God he loved me enough to let me go.  Thank God he saw what I was too afraid to admit.  Because of him, I have a life and love that I never knew to pray for or even dream of.  Yes, you read that right.  I have love in my life.  Glorious love.

One year ago today, I was more than likely sitting in my room alone, drowning my sorrows away with a large glass of liquid misery and settling for where I was.  If you were here now, you'd be on my beautiful, tree covered deck, sipping a diet coke in the sunshine, listening to music, grilling our dinner.  God is so good.

I don't know where you are in your life or where you want to be, but the one thing I want people to learn from my life is to dream and dream BIG.  Never settle for just okay.  If you are unhappy,  find a way to be happy.  We get one life, don't waste it.


No comments:

Post a Comment